Imedex® is an industry leader in providing certified, independent continuing medical education to health care professionals.
Imedex®, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Imedex®, LLC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Successful completion of this CME activity enables a participant to earn up to 13.75 MOC points towards the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is Imedex's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC Points.
Who Should Attend
This live educational activities are designed to meet the educational needs of European hematologists, medical oncologists and other healthcare professionals (physicians, physicians-in-training, oncology nurses, pharmacists, physicians’ assistants, etc.) who are involved and/or interested in the treatment of patients with MPN and MDS.
After successful completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate the role of molecular and genetic abnormalities in the pathophysiology of MPN or MDS
- Appraise the utility of molecular and cytogenetic profiles for improving diagnosis and prognostication, and the potential use for use as therapeutic targets in patients with MPN or MDS.
- Assess the criteria for the differential diagnosis of MPN and MDS subtypes based on revised WHO classification, including the rarest diseases
- Critically interpret most recent results of clinical trials to optimize treatment of patients with MPN or MDS and develop knowledge of novel molecules in clinical trials
- Identify criteria for individualized management of conventional and novel therapies in patients with MPN or MDS based on disease stage, cytogenetic profile, and risk factors
- Assess how to manage therapy-associated adverse events for patients with MPN or MDS
- Develop a plan to select second-line therapies for patients with MPN or MDS who are refractory/relapsed to first-line agents