Imedex® is an industry leader in providing certified, independent continuing medical education to health care professionals.
Imedex is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Imedex, LLC designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity enables a participant to earn 12.5 MOC points [and patient safety credit] towards the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is Imedex's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC Points.
Who Should Attend
These educational activities are designed to meet the educational needs of medical and radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, nurses, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, pulmonologists, researchers, and other healthcare professionals interested in the care and treatment of patients with thoracic malignancies.
Upon successful completion of these educational activities, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the rationale, benefits, and limitations of liquid biopsies
- Evaluate new and emerging therapeutic options for patients with advanced lung cancer including targeted treatments and immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Identify biomarkers useful for guiding selection of therapy and/or monitoring treatment response
- Develop a strategy for individualized management of each patient with lung cancer
- Outline new changes in staging criteria for non-small cell lung cancer